HR New Employee Onboarding Workflow Assessment
Streamlining New Employee Onboarding & Going Paperless Starts with an AP Workflow Assessment from Genesis Technologies
The paperless office is a nice thought: no more filing cabinets, no unauthorized access (including IT), streamlined on-boarding and benefits enrollment, ensuring I-9s are managed properly, providing higher quality HR service to your employees and management team... the list goes on.
One of the best ways to start reducing paper and manual data entry in HR, starts in the beginning: streamlining how new employees are onboarded. Doing so gets the employee-employer relationship off to a good start and reduces headaches for your staff.
Streamlining new employee onboarding starts with having Genesis Technologies assess your combination of people, process and technology, and the gaps when compared to best practices.
Highlights our HR New Employee Onobarding Workflow Assessment include the following:
- Average monthly volume vs. peak new employee onboarding volume and how overflow is handled today
- Identification of all document types, formats and how they are created/received (e.g. paper vs. electronic, PDF, Word, etc.)
- Evaluation of all internal and external compliance requirements (e.g. company information governance policies, legal document retention requirements, industry compliance, etc.)
- Mapping of how new employee documents are currently processed: people, process and hardware/software technology used
- Exploration of data needing extraction from these documents and population into your human capital management (HCM) software, and what automated extraction technology may be needed
- Re-engineering of the entire process of onboarding new employees using eforms, workflow automation technology and other process improvements
- Evaluation of further improvements that increase alignment between HR and payroll to reduce new onboarding issues
- How much productivity may be gained and how to re-purpose HR clerks that may see a significant reduction of new employee onboarding volume
- Cost-justification for all of the above
- How the technology used in new employee onboarding can be leveraged for further gains in streamlining open enrollment, PTO requests, AP invoice processing, and other back-office processes
CONTACT US TO REQUEST AN AP INVOICE PROCESSING WORKFLOW ASSESSMENT