How to Gain Full Visibility into Your Print Environment
Sun Jul 22, 2018 | Genesis Technologies
Do you know how much you spend on printing compared with your peers and industry best practices?
How can you cut this cost when you don't know what it is?
What if you could gain visibility into your printer spend?
With 27 years of experience in cutting costs and increasing management visibility with print management software, Genesis Technologies has helped our customers reduce printing costs by 10-20% utilizing some of the best software partners like PaperCut, uniFLOW, HP Access Control, Pharos Systems, and other applications.
Print management software has a built-in reporting system to track and assess current print, copy, fax and scan costs simple and fun to use as well as the following:
- Current usage can be audited
- Internal costs can be charged back with price profiles that allow for different charges, including color vs. black/white, page sizes and paper trays (A4, A3, Letter, Legal, etc.), double-sided (price reduction), and finishing (stapling, hole punching, booklets, etc.)
- Multi-level cost centers can be used to allow easy usage chargeback
- Users, groups, and cost centers can be given budgets to stop or restrict printing
Most print management software reports on all of the above with 60-80 pre-made, user-friendly report templates that eliminate the hassle of building reports from scratch, usually including the following:
- Dashboard and overall summary
- User usage analysis
- Printer usage analysis
- Department breakdown
- Location breakdown
- Environmental analysis
These reports can be easily customized and integrated with your business intelligence software for how you like to operate, like Microsoft Power BI.
Eliminate Un-Monitored Printing Usage
Print management software eliminates unauthorized printing, copying, faxing, and scanning, as well as confidential documents left lying in the printer tray. The addition of user authentication (e.g. Follow-Me Printing), ensures secure access to all of your devices with some combination of proximity cards, PINs, usernames and passwords, etc.
Let us help you identify the right software for your business needs. Call 800.436.1994 to speak to one of our Solution Experts or request a Free Assessment and one of our Solutions Experts will contact you.
Stay in the Know
Stay up to date with Genesis Technologies.