Why the HP LaserJet M527 Is a Top-Selling MFP
Tue Feb 13, 2018 | Genesis Technologies
Since it was launched in September 2015, the HP LaserJet M527 black & white A4/letter sized multifunction printers (MFP) has been one of the best selling printers on the market – especially when compared with the Lexmark MX611, Samsung ProXpress M4070, Brother MFC-8950, Dell B3465, and OKI MB562. Here's why.
Here are some highlights of the HP M527's functionality and performance:
- 45 page per minute black & white printing speed (letter)
- Standard paper capacity of 650 sheets, split between a 550-sheet main tray and a 100-sheet multipurpose feeder
- Up to three optional 550-sheet paper trays are available for a maximum paper capacity of 2,300 sheets
- An auto duplexer for printing on both sides of a sheet of paper
- Monthly duty cycle of 150,000 pages and a recommended monthly duty cycle of up to 7,500 pages
- 100-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF) and a flatbed for scanning with single pass duplex capability
- 8" color touchscreen control panel to support advanced workflow
- USB and Ethernet connectivity
- Optional fax, 500GB hard drive, pullout keyboard, and ultrasonic double-feed protection
If you want the color version of the HP M527, learn about the color A4 M577 MFP here. The M527 replaces the M525.
Strongest Security in the Industry
According to the Ponemon Institute, 64% of IT managers believe their printers are likely infected with malware, and 56% of companies ignore printers in their endpoint security strategy. Not a good combination…
To address this gap, HP has developed the following features for the M527:
- HP Sure Start: each device regularly checks its operating code and repairs itself from attempted hacks
- Whitelisting: checks firmware during startup to help ensure it's authentic, good code—digitally signed by HP
- Run-Time Intrusion Detection: continually monitors activity to detect and stop attacks, then automatically reboots
The HP M527 has much the same features and functionality as larger units but is more cost-effective, in a much smaller footprint that easily fits on a table. The M527 is 24% smaller than predecessor HP M525, and is 33% faster.
Don't take our word for it, the HP LaserJet M527 was rated "Excellent" by PC Magazine.
Stay in the Know
Stay up to date with Genesis Technologies.