Genesis works with dozens and dozens of healthcare institutions across the nation.
At Genesis, we understand that healthcare institutions face complex and unique challenges that must be conquered in order to effectively and reliably serve their patients. Paperwork and regulations are a constant in healthcare’s day-to-day, including a threat of malicious attacks to access patient information. Organizations are challenged with safeguarding processes and paperwork while remaining compliant with HIPPA.
We are passionate about helping healthcare institutions be more productive and decrease costs. In recent years, both medical and scientific advancements have led to better quality medical care. Unfortunately, healthcare facilities face enormous challenges including rising costs, a strict regulatory environment and provider consolidation. This means organizations must increase efficiency and profitability. In addition, tighter security standards must be met to safeguard patient privacy and confidential health information while keeping pace with the ongoing transition to electronic records.
Recommended Software Solutions
Genesis partners with leading software solution companies to provide healthcare institutions with solutions that help secure, track, increase efficiency, attain accountability and improve compliance.
PrinterLogic’s Enterprise Print Management solution has helped thousands of healthcare organizations completely eliminate their print servers, deliver centrally managed direct IP printing and empower end users to install their own printers. These healthcare organizations also utilize PrinterLogic’s Pull Printing and Mobile Printing modules to increase security, reduce waste and increase end user efficiency. The comprehensive print management solution solves a major pain point for IT while reducing cost and complexity.
Centrally Managed Direct IP Printing
- Central Management: Centrally manage all printers from a single web-based administrative console, with or without domains or trusts.
- Create Printers: Create new printers and automatically deploy them to end users
- Modify Printers: Modify printer settings (driver, port, name, duplex option, etc.) and have changes automatically made to printers on end-user workstations
- Delete Printers: Remove printers from workstations automatically
Self-Service Installation Portal
- Single Enterprise Portal: Provides a single consistent Printer Installation portal across the entire enterprise with or without domains and trusts
- Floor Plan Maps: Optional floor plan maps with single-click self-service printer installation
- Auto Opens to Location: Enables end users to easily find nearby printers by auto opening to their current location
- Reduce Helpdesk Calls: Empower end users to install printers on their own and reduce help desk calls
- Mixed Mode: Display direct IP printers and Windows shared printers in the same interface
Mass Edit / Create / Manage Printers
- Mass Create: Create 10 or 10,000 printers
- Easy Management: Manage all of your printers and their attributes quickly and easily
- Find & Replace: Use find-and-replace function to change hundreds or thousands of printer object's deployment assignments, drivers, ports, comments, etc.
Automated Printer Deployment
- No GPOs or Scripts: Manage printer deployment assignments without GPO's, scripts, or print servers
- Set Default Printer: Dynamically set the correct default printer
- Eliminate Slow Logon: Automatic printer installation occurs post logon, eliminating slow logon times
- Dynamic Deployments: Deploy printers by AD user, computer, group, container, OU, hostname or IP address range
- Proximity Printing: Automatically install nearby printers
- Citrix & VMware Support: Supports Citrix and VMware session and other virtual environments
Printer Driver Profile Management
- Pre-Configure Drivers: Configure driver settings such as dpi, duplexing, paper size, paper source, paper trays and more
- Advanced Settings: Displays actual driver's interface so you can configure every possible function of the printer
- Re-Apply Settings: Apply profile configuration only during first install, each time a user logs on or even after each print job
Port Management and Redirection
- Port Redirection: Redirect all print jobs from one printer to a similar printer via a single port redirection change
- Advanced Options: Supports standard ports such as Raw and LPR
Job Auditing and Reporting
- Print Job Reports: Quantify which network printers are the most utilized
- Discover Print Job Costs: Tie the actual cost of printing to usage data
- Advanced Data Points: Date, time, printer, user, job title, manager, department, folder, computer, color, grayscale, duplex, and document name
- Publish Reports: Send published reports on a schedule to executives and department managers to share print usage and discover cost savings
- USB Support: Supports auditing USB print jobs and provides reports
SNMP Monitoring and Alerts
- Status View: View the online status of printers individually or for the entire fleet
- Monitor Status: Capture SNMP notifications like low toner, low paper, jammed, door opened and more
- Send Alerts: Email IT workers to proactively manage printers based on SNMP notifications and keep critical printers working
Role-Based Access Control
- Distributed Management: Delegate print management roles and permissions with optional AD and LDAP directory integration
- Customizable Roles: Use pre-defined IT roles or create custom roles with granular control of admin functions
- Auditing: Complete administrative auditing of changes made by administrators
- Central Queue Management: Identify and delete stuck print jobs from end user's local workstations across the enterprise from the central administrator portal
- Simplify Management: Because there are no print servers hosting printer queues, it is simple to search for the printer name in the admin console to manage print jobs
Citrix / VMware / VDI Session Support
- Proximity Printing: Auto-deploy printers according to which end-point device is connecting to the session, allowing the end user to have the printers that are physically closest to them. When users disconnect and reconnect from a different end-point, the printers are automatically refreshed to be correct for the end user’s new physical location
- Self-Service: Enable session users to quickly install desired printers
- Print Management: All of the features outlined above are supported in the Citrix / VMware environments
- Print Job Compression: With printer redirection, print jobs will be compressed before they are sent across WAN connections
- Driverless Printing: If driverless printing is desired, use the provided universal driver
- Printer and Printer Driver Management: Printers and printer drivers are automatically managed and updated on all Citrix servers and VDI VM's
- Eliminate Scripts and GPOs: All print management is provided without the need for complicated and time-consuming scripts or GPOs and their required rights
- Universal Support: Works with all printer drivers and manufacturers
- Driver Management: Centrally manage all of your printer drivers in a single driver repository and have driver updates automatically pushed to end-user workstations
- Multi-platform: Support for Windows / Mac / Linux end-user workstations
Printer Driver Caching
- Plug-n-Play: Integrate with existing WAN caching technologies to avoid cross WAN driver download
- Driver Cache Support: Cache drivers at multiple sites to support limited WAN connections
- No Single Point of Failure: Maintain printing enterprise wide during WAN outage failure with native direct IP capabilities
- Redundancy: Provide greater stability for management functions with active/active high availability
- Simplify: Users print to a single global print queue that uses a universal printer driver and release the print job to any desired printer
- Reduce Costs and Waste: Reduce printing costs and waste by automatically deleting abandoned print jobs
- Secure Printing: Users have the option to store sensitive print jobs until they are physically in front of the printer to release the print job
- Easy Release Options: Release documents with a badge/card scanner, the printer’s embedded control panel, smartphone app release, or with any browser
- Seamless Integration: Allow printing from mobile devices in your environment by simply enabling the mobile printer
- Support BYOD: Support guests and contractors on any device without having to install printer drivers
- Flexible Mobile Options: Use native printing features in iOS and Android or any device with Email to Print features
Consider PaperCut, when:
- Clients expect you to keep their printed documents confidential
- The business cares about the impact of printing on the environment and to its bottom line
- Integration of projects or billing systems is important
Print Tracking: See who is printing what, when and where
Secure Print Release: Keep sensitive documents safe with secure release
Integration: Connect with existing business systems and data
Print Archiving: Account for your business’ paper trail. Reports – Report on all printer activity by employee, function or location
Install print tracking today.
- Track and control with little staff overhead
- Flexible charging rates for existing accounts
- Real time print visibility
- Setup monthly reports for invoicing
- Keep a record of activity with print archiving
Manage all multifunction device activity.
- Tracking of copy, fax and scan
- Print to anywhere with Find-Me printing
- Securely release documents only when present
- Works with any fleet of MFDs, single or mixed brands
- Supported through our Certified Partner network
HP Access Control
Transform imaging and printing practices for increased security and efficiency.
Your organization requires a convenient, cost-effective way to create a more secure and efficient imaging and printing environment. With HP Access Control, an HP JetAdvantage Security Solution, you can protect confidential information, enhance device security and management, while improving company-wide printing policies. Now it’s easier than ever with HP JetAdvantage Security Solutions to protect print jobs and devices, improve workflows, and monitor printing practices—all while reducing costs and supporting organization-wide security, compliance, and environmental initiatives. Designed to integrate easily with HP devices, you can select specific HP Access Control Printing Solutions to address your needs.
Secure Authentication: Access Control Secure Authentication offers a variety of authentication options—including HP proximity card readers, PIC/PIN codes—to protect your devices and prevent unauthorized use.
Secure Pull Printing: HP Access Control Secure Pull Printing reduces unclaimed prints and increases efficiency. Users can print to a secure network, authenticate with ease, and retrieve jobs when necessary—even on the go.
Job Accounting: HP Access Control Job Accounting makes it easy to accurately track and gather data, analyze the results, and then create and send reports. Apply mined data to allocate print costs, motivate employees to print smarter, and provide IT with the necessary information to improve fleet-wide forecasts.
Intelligent Management: HP Access Control Intelligent Management solutions help you control device usage, modify behavior, reduce costs, and enforce security goals.
Increasing Efficiency and Gaining Time to Care for Patients.
Integrate Data Protection Standards with Secure Printing: Breaches of confidentiality might occur if patient records and other sensitive information are left on output trays. Secure Printing means all print jobs are stored in a user’s personal secure print queue until they are released at a device thus ensuring patient health information and confidential documents will not fall into the wrong hands.
Automated Scan Workflows connect to Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Back-Office Systems: The IT administrator can track costs and generate analytical reports to identify inefficient printing behaviors. Device and network settings can be adapted to limit more costly print operations thus enforcing responsible printing habits.
ISuitable with Activity-Based Costing (ABC) and Traditional Cost System (TCS): The healthcare industry uses two accounting systems both of which uniFLOW supports even on a multi-level base. Correct allocation of costs to cost centers enables healthcare organizations to control costs and reduce waste.
Create Sustainability Awareness: An economic use of resources leads to reduction in paper usage which is a key step towards an improved environmental performance. Sustainability goals can be achieved through secure printing, forcing two-sided printing and respecting MFD device energy savings mode.
Health Level 7 (HL7) Compliancy: The HL7 organization defines a standard for the exchange, integration, sharing and retrieval of electronic healthcare information. This standard in communication between programs ensures patient information is always at the point it is needed. It is convenient therefore for all hospitals and other healthcare institutions computer programs to be HL7 compatible. uniFLOW integrates into hospital IT systems using HL7 so documents are sent to the HL7 Master or Cross-Enterprise Document System (XDS) repository using Medical Document Management (MDM) messages and XDS protocol.
The Secure Solution for a Modern Healthcare Environment.
Document Security which Keeps Patient Data Secure: To prevent unauthorized use of devices and keep valuable and confidential information safe, uniFLOW requires users to identify themselves at a device before documents can be released.
Improved Cost Control Saves Money: Using the built-in reporting system, organizations can track and assess printing, copying, faxing and scanning usage, allowing internal costs to be charged back correctly and current usage audited. Routing of jobs result in immediate cost improvements and increased efficiency of processes.
Seamless Integration with (third party) Back-Office Systems: With the transition from paper-based processes to electronic workflows integration of healthcare back-end systems is essential. uniFLOW can be designed to automatically integrate unstructured patient records into an Electronic Health Records (EHR) system which saves valuable time.
Reduce Errors Caused by Manual Processing: By automatically capturing metadata, errors caused by manual entry will be avoided and digital documents can be retrieved faster.
Automatic Text Recognition when Scanning Documents: With highly accurate, embedded I.R.I.S. Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, document content and text is automatically identified. This functionality means documents can be converted quickly into PDF or office documents. This helps to increase productivity as employees are able to retrieve and work on documents immediately.
Improved Assignment of Printing Costs: When sending a job to print to whatever device in any location the user chooses, a pop-up screen can appear on the user’s PC allowing them to select which cost center to charge the job to. This leads to increased efficiency and improved cost control as costs are allocated correctly.
Increased Productivity Through Personalized Scan Workflows: Personalized workflows, which follow users from Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices to Canon document scanners, save time because users see only those scan processes relevant to their job role.
Supporting Sustainability Goals: Healthcare organizations seek solutions that boost sustainability efforts whilst effectively managing costs. uniFLOW can provide the analysis to help implement an environmental printing strategy, saving valuable resources and improving environmental performance.
Gain control of Protected Healthcare Information (PHI).
Nuance empowers your healthcare organization to streamline electronic and document workflows, delivering the control you need to ensure healthcare document compliance while reducing costs and maximizing efficiency.
Go paperless—and pain-free: Many hospitals and clinics talk about going paperless. Yet even organizations that have achieved late-stage Meaningful Use still process and print high volumes of documents every day. This massive amount of paper is hard to track and costly to manage while posing a serious risk of HIPAA document compliance breaches. Nuance Healthcare Document Management Solutions such as Nuance AutoStore, Business Connect and Output Manager can help you control workflows and enhance security when exchanging patient information—all to increase efficiency, reduce costs and ease your team’s paper pains.
Nuance Healthcare Document Management Solutions can help your organization secure PHI
Capture & Print
Receive Incoming PHI for:
- Admission and registration forms
- Patient and referral forms
- Internal document requests
Process PHI documents:
- Like lab results, picture images and X-rays
- For insurance claims and referral forms
- Into your EHR
Secure PHI by:
- Encrypting data
- Securing smart devices, including mobile
- Securing workstations (MFPs)
- Authenticating users
- Restricting access and use of MFPs
Securely Share or Print PHI Documents like:
- Patient discharge instructions
- Test results
- Prescriptions and e-Prescriptions
- Billing and insurance information
Security & Compliance
Deliver secure PHI and peace of mind Nuance Healthcare Document Management Solutions add a layer of security around existing processes, reducing your risk of HIPAA and other compliance breaches while simplifying workflows and lowering costs. By truly securing PHI, you’ll deliver peace of mind across your organization and to every patient—at every touchpoint of the information lifecycle.
Managing PHI - Put in the safeguards to protect PHI: All healthcare organizations must adhere to the HIPAA Omnibus Privacy and Security Rules—as well as the Meaningful Use stages. That’s why Nuance Healthcare Document Management Solutions provide your organization with the administrative, physical and technical safeguards to optimize healthcare document compliance, meet government regulations and ensure PHI privacy in paper and electronic workflows. Here’s how:
Authorization: Verify user credentials at every device.
Encryption: Encrypt communications between smart devices (such as MFPs), servers and destinations to protect PHI.
Authentication: Limit access to specific devices, applications and resources to authorized staff only.
Audit trails: Track all smart device activities so you know who printed or scanned each document – plus when and where that activity occurred.
File Destination Control: Monitor and audit PHI in documents to control information before it reaches its intended destination.
Content-based Filtering - Prevent confidential data loss and unsecured PHI from leaving your organization by filtering outbound communications and intercepting documents.
Secure Output - Securely print, capture and convert any document from leading EHR vendors.
Accelerate Adoption to Boost Compliance: As with all healthcare IT initiatives, ease-of-use and adoption are keys to success. Nuance enhances security and compliance without disruption thanks to intuitive, role-based, automated workflows that integrate seamlessly with the systems and platforms your teams use every day. Plus, our healthcare solutions have successfully passed 100% of HL7 C-CDA based exchanges.
- Collect printed documents with PHI at any device using existing HID cards
- Scan directly to and print from EHR, ECM and other endpoints from any device
- Easily convert PDF and other files to Microsoft Office documents
- Access and share PHI with your smart devices
Control your Bottom Line: Paper and manual workflows don’t just slow patient care and pose compliance risks. They also hit the bottom line, with costs that go beyond consumables like ink and paper. Lean on Nuance for document and electronic workflow solutions designed to optimize your devices, improve efficiency and reduce total cost of ownership.
- Reduce print volumes by as much as 30% and dramatically decrease the number of devices you need to manage
- Create, convert, edit and secure critical documents with our PDF software
- Control and automate manual workflows to reduce the risks and potential costs of a regulatory compliance breach
Solutions in Action
Better workflows across your organization: Nuance Healthcare Document Management Solutions help address the challenges of manual and paper-based workflows—adding more security, more efficiency and more productivity across your entire organization
- Admissions & Discharge:
- Point of Care: By sharing PHI at the point of care, you can improve clinical decision-making, reduce errors and produce better outcomes.
- Exchange of PHI: Add a layer of security and control to paper-based and electronic processes to ensure HIPAA document compliance at every step.
Focus on Superior Patient Care & Satisfaction
As healthcare organizations deal with the impact of HITECH, ACA and other changes, it’s more critical than ever to efficiently manage resources. FileBound helps healthcare organizations – modest practices, hospitals, and insurers – to work more effectively and increase productivity. The result is improved service and optimal care for patients and their families.
In clinical care settings, FileBound’s document and workflow automation solutions are used to control forms, correspondence, reports and other tasks that exist outside of the EMR solution. FileBound also manages and stores legacy medical records in a non-proprietary format that can integrate with practically any EMR, bridging the transition to a fully electronic record.
In the business office, FileBound’s proven capability to improve accounts payable and human resources efficiency lets hospitals minimize operational costs. FileBound’s easily configured workflows can manage the complex needs, including credentialing and licensing. FileBound improves cash flow in patient accounting by streamlining the collection of superbills/charge tickets and reconciling EOBs.
What printer or copy machines are right for your industry? As you know, today, most office-focused printers are digital and multifunctional. They can scan, copy, print, fax, download and email. Most can be owned or leased. Some advanced models can also store account codes, make duplex copies, full-bleed print, sort, staple, make three-hole punches and print transparencies. Others also offer features that can cut costs and improve productivity. Those include wireless connectivity, image editing, security features such as biometric authentication and energy savings.
The sheer variety of copiers on the market can make shopping a daunting task. Regardless of the industry you are in, there are also different needs for different departments within an office. Marketing departments might demand higher quality imaging printers where accounting departments might only need black and white printing.
At Genesis, we like to approach each office in each industry as a one-off environment, unique to themselves. By doing so, we perform a complete assessment of your printing and workflow environment needs in order to provide your enterprises very own print strategy that includes the office equipment right for all your department. Our Sales Solution experts are on hand and will do all the heavy lifting for you.
Get started by calling us today to learn more. 1.800.436.1994.Search Equipment
We partner with the top equipment manufacturers.
Genesis not only provides the highest level of service whether you need your printer, copier or MFP repaired or if you need to order supplies. We also have LIVE support, an online service center, and most importantly, we offer service that keeps your organization productive and secure.
Pro-Active Service Monitoring
Reduce equipment downtime with automated proactive supply and service monitoring program. Genesis can remotely monitor your printers/copiers and MFPs so that the device will notify us when supplies and service are needed.
Secure Hard Drive Decommissioning
Improve security by reducing the opportunity for stolen data from hard drives no longer in use.
Genesis can bring in your hardware for hard drive secure erasing. Our technicians will remove your hard drives and put it in our eraser to perform a secure erase, overriding up to 7 times the Department of Defense standard. Upon completion, Genesis will provide a Certificate of Destruction.
The level of service Genesis provides on both repairs, and toner delivery is second to none.
"Before I became a customer of Genesis Technologies, I felt trapped in a vendor contract that I had inherited. It was so vendor-sided with ridiculous fees and costs and absolutely zero customer service at most of my remote locations. At times taking several days and weeks to repair a copier which added a lot of time for my department to track down and stay on top of.
Genesis is a longtime partner, helping consolidate from three equipment, toner, and service providers to one. Genesis does a fantastic job of managing our extensive fleet of printers, copiers, and MFPs. The level of service Genesis provides on both repairs, and toner delivery is second to none. At this point in the relationship, Genesis is an extension of our technical support team; they have dedicated personnel to our account that knows our facilities and staff on a personal level. Also, their sales and support teams are incredibly proactive and responsive, making sure any issues we hear about are handled timely. Genesis also leverages their relationships to ensure pricing on our equipment, toner, and parts are all market competitive."